- To design structures for various projects, and handle related projects from initiation to closure, ensuring adherence to deadlines, budgets, quality requirements and contract obligations in order to fulfill client requirements.
- To ensure that structural system designs enhance and support the aesthetic visions portrayed within architectural designs whilst considering other factors.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, procedures and standards, applicable laws and regulations; assist the Head of departmen in establishing/updating section policies and procedures
- Support the Head of department in providing inputs to the proposals department (e.g. man month requirements etc.) regarding the contribution of the Structural section to projects
- Develop a thorough understanding of owner/client design requirements prior to the commencement of any design project; coordinate with the Head of department and other architects & engineers for further clarifications on design requirements
- Coordinate effectively with other architects and engineers throughout project lifecycles (planning, concept, preliminary, final etc.); review and understand their drawings and specifications to ensure that adequate provisions in structural designs are made based on the designs provided by the other sections
- Apply sound knowledge of the latest international codes and make use of engineering software (e.g. ETABS, STAAD, SAFE etc.) to calculate structural loads e.g. (gravity, wind, seismic, temperature etc)
Senior Structural Engineer