- With the Project Manager and Superintendent, develops effective plans for constructing the project and provides input to determining the means and methods necessary to meet project goals.
- Provides and interprets drawings, specifications and technical information for Project Team, subcontractors, vendors and consultants to ensure compliance with engineering standards, codes, specifications and design details.
- Researches and resolves drawing interpretation problems, conflicts, interference, etc., and works with owner and others to resolve issues. Prepares field design change requisitions as required
- Reviews all shop drawings, design drawings, calculations and submitted technical data for accuracy and conformance to specifications and constructability.
- Works with the Project Team and Purchasing Department to ensure that all required purchase orders and subcontracts are finalized in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Identifies, orders and coordinates delivery of permanent materials such as pipe, stone, reinforcing steel, beams, etc.
- Performs other duties as assigned including policing jobsites to maintain a clean, orderly, and safe workplace.Maintains excellent customer satisfaction levels at all times. Addresses client concerns as appropriate.
- Ensures that all correspondence, submittals, shop drawings, billings, etc., are produced with a high level of accuracy and professionalism.
- Works with the Production Engineer and others in Delay Free Production to develop highly developed work plans to ensure maximum productivity and collect information for the Delay Free Production library.
- Actively seeks better, faster and safe methods to perform work.Assists Project Team in the pre-construction planning process and specifications. Reviews the project specifications for potential hazards.