The Payroll Manager directs and manages payroll duties of Green Breez Resort & Spa. The role is responsible for the development and implementation of payroll procedures to ensure timely processing of payroll and all financial obligations of Green Breez related to the payroll process.
- Perform all regular duties and responsibilities associated with the preparation, generation, and distribution of the biweekly, monthly and supplemental payrolls; delegates appropriate responsibilities as necessary
- Develop/revise yearly payroll schedules, calendars, and employee notices
- Direct the reconciliation and payment of all liabilities generated in payroll process
- Develop, revise and maintain payroll documentation and Payroll Procedures Manual
- Work cooperatively with Human Resources to process new hires, leaves of absence, terminations and other employment-related issues
- Maintain all physical and computerized reports, records and other documents, including audible records.
- Assist auditors by providing documentation and/or explanation of financial records
- Collect data, prepare reports and provide analysis and recommendations relevant to payroll process, wage and salary issues, time and attendance tracking and leaves of absence to assist in the negotiation process with applicable employee groups
- Work with the accounting staff and other departments to facilitate fiscal month-end, quarter-end and year-end processing
- Maintain effective communications between the payroll office and other Miraval departments, employees and outside agencies/vendors
- Assist with preparation of requested statistical and/or financial payroll reports, data, or estimates
- Coordinate payroll operations with the accounting and technical support components within the company, confer with other administrative and technical staff regarding changes and new systems, and participate in developing, implementing and testing of new systems and procedures
- Coordinate with Benefits personnel on vendor interfaces, updated data requirements, audits and testing. Manage all outside audit requests from state agencies, workers compensation and benefit vendors.
- Perform other duties as assigned