The Industrial Hygienist will possess and exhibit the Core Values of Manufacturing: Honesty, Development/Learning, Respect, Initiative and Excellence; and will instill and encourage these values in his/her co-workers on a daily basis.
- Lead all Plant Safety Initiatives.
- Train personnel on safety matters as needed.
- Completes all OSHA mandated recordkeeping.
- Keeps current on all OSHA regulations.
- Is the main point of contact for injured workers, transports workers for medical treatment and coordinates and attends follow-up appointments.
- Submits Initial Report of Injury to Worker’s Compensation carrier and updates/monitors as required.
- Creates, leads and implements a Safety Committee.
- Conducts thorough Accident Investigations after the initial report of a work–related injury.
- Accident Investigations will include a Root Cause Analysis and steps to be taken to prevent recurrence.
- Generate employee engagement in Safety activities.
- Develop trust between shop floor employees and safety/management through daily interactions and discussions with all employees.
- Discover, initiate, and implement necessary safety protocols and ensure follow-through.
- Actively seeks out safety initiatives to unroll to the team via whatever means best suited for the task.
- Does not accept the standard way of doing something if it is deemed a hazard—the Safety Coordinator must determine a way to do it better and not rest until it is accomplished and should utilize the team to complete follow through.
- Conducts health program to recognize, eliminate, and control occupational health hazards and diseases: Collects samples of dust, gases, vapors, and other potentially toxic materials for analysis.
- Investigates adequacy of ventilation, exhaust equipment, lighting, and other conditions which may affect employee health, comfort, or efficiency.
- Prepares quarterly reports which include observations, analysis and recommendations for control and correction of hazards.
- Leads educational meetings to instruct employees in matters pertaining to occupational health and prevention of accidents.
- Supervise, track and implement all Safety Incentive Programs.
- Conducts New Hire Safety Orientation.
- Other duties as needed.
Industrial Hygienist (Safety Coordinator)