- Develop plans and drawings and sketches for buildings and manufacturing process by using computer aided design, and drafting (CAD and CADD) software programs.
- Work from rough sketches and specifications created by engineers
- Help design products with engineering & manufacturing techniques
- Add details to architectural plans from their knowledge of building techniques
- Prepare multiple versions of design for review by engineers
- Specify dimensions, materials and procedures for new products
- Draw wiring diagrams for install and repair electrical equipment, wiring and schematic diagram for power plants, electrical distribution systems and residential and commercial buildings
- Prepare and draw layouts that show the details for a wide variety of machinery and mechanical tools and devices etc.
- Prepare and draw process piping or pipeline plans used for the operation of oil and gas filed, refineries, chemical plants and process piping systems
- Keep proper record of all transmittal receiving and delivering
- Complete any other tasks as needed or as directed by management