- Investigates, evaluates, negotiates and brings to a final resolution personal lines material/physical damage of a moderate to severe nature.
- Responsible for the handling of claims in accordance with prescribed authorization and claims best practices. Analyzes and reviews claims for accuracy, completeness and eligibility.
- Prepares and maintains reports and records for processing
- Promptly and effectively handles to a conclusion of all assigned claims and on time
- Makes decisions within delegated authority as outlined in company policies and procedures. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct consistent with the delivery of superior service.
- Determines proper policy coverage’s and applies best claims practices to conclude assigned cases in accordance with company guidelines. Adheres to high standards of professional conduct while providing delivery of superior claims service.
- Opens, closes and adjusts reserves in accordance with company practices designed to ensure reserve adequacy.
- Recommends Special Reserves where necessary. In accordance with Corporate Reserving Guidelines.
- Adheres to file conferencing notification and authority procedures.
- Maintains current knowledge of insurance and applicable product/services; court decisions which may impact the claims function; current guidelines in the claims function; and policy changes and modifications.
- Maintains current knowledge of local industry repair procedures and local market pricing.
- Submits severe incident reports, reinsurance reports and other information to claims management as needed.
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced claims associates and assists with training/presentations as assigned by claims management.
- Other duties as assigned.